“e-Tourist Visa (eTV)”
STEPS – E-Tourist Visa Application — Complete Partially Filled Form — Pay Visa Fees — Print Visa Application — Receive eTV Online — Fly To India
- The e-Tourist Visa (eTV) would enable the prospective visitor to apply for an Indian Visa from his/her home country online without visiting the Indian Mission and also pay the visa fee online.
- Once approved, the applicant will receive an email authorizing him/her to travel to India and he/she can travel with a print out of this authorization.
- On arrival, the visitor has to present the authorization to the immigration authorities who would then stamp the entry into the country This facility is available to Foreigners whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight- seeing, short duration medical treatment, casual business visit, casual visit to meet friends or relatives etc. and not valid for any other purpose/activities.
- This will allow entry into India within 30 days from the date of approval of e-Tourist Visa (eTV) and will be Valid for 30 days stay in India from the date of arrival in India.
- The e-Tourist Visa (eTV) cannot be availed more than twice in a calendar year.
- Government of India, extends Tourist Visa (e-Tourist Visa (eTV)) to 150 countries & 25 Countries are likely to be added for e Tourist Visa very soon.
- NOTE- With the introduction of eTV, the visa on arrival is available for 20 countries only. The applicants are also requested to visit website of the Indian Mission concerned for detailed information about Indian visa.